Steve Spreeuwers is the Chief Operating Officer of Crowe LaFave and has practiced law in South Carolina since his admission to the Bar in 2013. He attended the University of South Carolina, where he received his B.S. degree in criminology and criminal justice. Following that, he worked as a claims adjuster for several years before returning to school. He earned his J.D. cum laude from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2013. During and after law school, he worked for a firm in Columbia that focused on governmental liability defense.
Steve has maintained a focus on governmental liability and civil rights defense litigation ever since. He regularly appears in state and federal trial courts throughout South Carolina on behalf of individuals, businesses, and governmental entities. He also occasionally appears in family courts as well as in state administrative proceedings on behalf of governmental entities.
- South Carolina Bar, 2013
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Judicial Circuit, 2014
- University of South Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of South Carolina, B.S., 2006
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar (SC Bar Technology Committee and Resolution of Fee Disputes Board)